105th Regiment, Indiana InfantryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This Unit was organized July 12, 1863, to repel the Morgan Raid. They mustered out July 18, 1863.
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- The Civil War Archive section, 105th Regiment Infantry, (accessed 10 May 2012).
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Officer and Non-Commissioned Office - see Roster
- Company A - many men from Henry County - see Roster on page 612
- Company B - many men from Union County - see Roster on page 613
- Company C - many men from Henry County - see Roster on page 615
- Company D - many men from Union County - see Roster on page 616
- Company E - many men from Hancock County - see Roster on page 617
- Company F- many men from Wayne County - see Roster on page 618
- Company G - many men from Clinton County - see Roster on page 619
- Company H - many men from Madison County - see Roster on page 620
- Company I - many men from Randolph County - see Roster on page 621
- Company K - many men from Henry County - see Roster on page 622
The list of companies with their counties and their rosters are on the th Regimen, Indiana Infantry on CIVIL WAR INDEX web site. (accessed 27 Jan 2011)
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Indiana in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Indiana in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Indiana, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- The Civil War Archive. (accessed 13 Dec 2010) Brief history of the 105th Regiment, Indiana Infantry.
- Wikipendia (accessed 13 Dec 2010) article on the 105th Regiment, Indiana Infantry.
- Union Army Regimental History Index (accessed 14 Dec 2010) Index Of Regimental Histories: Artillery, Cavalry, Infantry, and other units, states Alabama to Indiana
- ↑ National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 4 January 2011).
- ↑ "The War For The Union" in History of La Porte County, Indiana: together with sketches of its cities, villages, and townships, educational, religious, civil, military, and political history; portraits of prominent persons and biographies of representative citizens. History of Indiana embracing accounts of the pre-historic races, aborigines, French, English and American conquests, an a general review of its civil, political and military history. (2004. La Crosse, WI: Brookhaven Press.), (page 227; history of Regiment),977.291 H2h FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other libraries Google books INTERNET ARCHIVE
- This page was last modified on 2 August 2013, at 21:21.
- This page has been accessed 1,135 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki