109th Regiment, Ohio InfantryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The organization of the 109th Regiment was not completed.
Companies in this Regiment with County of Origin
- 109th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Civil War Index, which includes history, battles, and roster with name, rank, age, date entered service, period of service and remarks.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Ohio in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Ohio in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Ohio, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- ↑ Reid, Whitelaw. Ohio In The War, Volume II. (Moore, Wilstach, Baldwin. Cincinnati 1868), p. 583. Internet Archive.
- ↑ National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 5 March 2013).
- ↑ Roster Commission, comp. Official Roster of the Soldiers of the State of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1865, vol. 7. FHL book 977.1 M2o v. 7
- This page was last modified on 30 April 2013, at 19:56.
- This page has been accessed 588 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki