11th Regiment, Kansas CavalryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The 11th Regiment, Kansas Cavalry was organized at Kansas City April 1863, from 11th Kansas Infantry. It moved to Kansas and mustered out September 26, 1865.
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- The Civil War Archive section, 11th Regiment Cavalry, (accessed 23 March 2012).
- The Wikipedia article, 11th Regiment Kansas Volunteer Cavalry, (accessed 27 June 2012).
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first. Men from Chase and Shawnee counties enlisted in this regiment.
11th Kansas Cavalry Rosters
- Field and Staff Officers
- Non-Commissioned Staff
- Company A - Many men from Leavenworth County, and Jefferson County
- Company B - Many men from Jackson County
- Company C - Many men from Lyon County
- Company D - Many men from Jefferson County
- Company E - Many men from Shawnee County, Lyon County and Douglas County
- Company F - Many men from Anderson County
- Company G - Many men from Riley County and Leavenworth County
- Company H - Many men from Shawnee County
- Company I
- Company K
- Company L
- Company M
- Erratta (corrections)
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Kansas in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Kansas in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Kansas, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- This page was last modified on 14 June 2013, at 21:42.
- This page has been accessed 2,148 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki