134th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (100 days, 1864)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This Unit was organized at Indianapolis, Indiana, and mustered in May 25, 1864. It was Railroad Guard in Tennessee and Alabama, Department of the Cumberiand, till September, 1864. They mustered out September 2, 1864.
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- The Civil War Archive section, 134th Regiment Infantry, (accessed 25 May 2012).
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Officer and Non-Commissioned Office - see Roster
- Company A - many men from Delaware County - see Roster on page 352
- Company B - many men from Decatur County - see Roster on page 353
- Company C - many men from Decatur County - see Roster on page 354
- Company D - many men from Decatur County - see Roster on page 356
- Company E - many men from Decatur County - see Roster on page 357
- Company F- many men from Randolph County - see Roster on page 359
- Company G - many men from Delaware County - see Roster on page 360
- Company H - many men from Franklin County - see Roster on page 361
- Company I - many men from Dearborn County - see Roster on page 362
- Company K - many men from Miami, Rush, and Hancock counties - see Roster on page 363
The list of companies with their counties and their rosters are on the 134th Regimen, Indiana Infantry on CIVIL WAR INDEX web site. (accessed 29 Jan 2011)
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Civil War can be searched by soldier's name (accessed 1 May 2011)
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Indiana in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Indiana in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Indiana, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- The Civil War Archive. (accessed 13 Dec 2010) Brief history of the 134th Regiment, Indiana Infantry.
- Wikipedia (accessed 13 Dec 2010) article on the 134th Regiment, Indiana Infantry.
- Union Army Regimental History Index (accessed 14 Dec 2010) Index Of Regimental Histories: Artillery, Cavalry, Infantry, and other units, states Alabama to Indiana
- This page was last modified on 24 May 2012, at 18:49.
- This page has been accessed 1,073 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page