13th Independent Battery, Michigan Light ArtilleryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The 13th Independent Battery, Michigan Light Artillery was organized at Grand Rapids, Michigan. It was mustered in January 20, 1864. The Regiment was mustered out July 1, 1865 at Jackson, Michigan. 
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- The Civil War Archive section, 13th Independent Battery Light Artillery, (accessed 13 July 2012).
- The Wikipedia article, 13th Independent Battery Michigan Light Artillery, (accessed 13 July 2012).
Many of the men in this Battery were from Kent and Wayne Counties-see Roster.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Michigan in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Michigan in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Michigan, and how to find them. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Robertson, John. "Michigan in the War" (Lansing, Mich: State Printer, 1882) Page 541. Internet Archives. FHL Film 1294017. Other Libraries.
- U S Civil War Era Records:Free Access at FamilySearch includes rosters, faces, resources and research lessons
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 04:56.
- This page has been accessed 948 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News