13th Regiment , Michigan InfantryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The 13th Regiment, Michigan Infantry was organized at Kalamazoo, Michigan. It was mustered in January 17, 1862. The Regiment was mustered out July 25, 1865 at Louisville, Kentucky and disbanded at Jackson, Michigan on July 27, 1865. 
For a history of this regiment see Michigan in the Civil War Website which gives a brief history, places served, battles fought, commanders and company rosters.
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- The Civil War Archive section, 13th Regiment Infantry, (accessed 13 July 2012).
- The Wikipedia article, 13th Michigan Volunteer Infantry Regiment, (accessed 13 July 2012).
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
See Rosters, as there were men from many different Counties in these Companies.
- Michigan Adjutant General , and George H. Turner. "Record of Service of Michigan Volunteers in the Civil War, 1861-1865 [Thirteenth Infantry]" (Lansing, Michigan: Michigan Adjutant-General's Dept, 1905). Seeking Michigan website. FHL Fiche 6084661. Other Libraries
- Shoemaker, Michael. "Sketch of the Life of Col. Michael Shoemaker" ( S.l: s.n, 1890). FHL Fiche 6084662. Other Libraries .
- Michigan. Historical Commission. "Michigan Historical Collections. V.1 (1874)-V.40(1929)" (Lansing: The Commission, 1874). Vol. 27Pages 220-225. Internet Archives. Other Libraries. Col. Michael Shoemaker and the 13th Regiment Michigan Infantry.
- Tift, Rose. "Historical Reminiscences of the Old Thirteenth Mich. Infantry Regiment" (Kalamazoo [Mich.]: C.H. Barnes & Co., printers, 1895). FHL Fiche 6078592 . Other Libraries.
- Michigan Infantry Also Short Account of the Forty-Fourth Annual Reunion, Together with Other Interesting Reading Matter for the Members : Kalamazoo, Michigan, February, 1909. Kalamazoo, Mich: Kalamazoo Pub. Co., printers, 1909. Heritagequestonline subscription website. FHL Fiche6078591 . Other Libraries.
- This page was last modified on 22 February 2013, at 23:56.
- This page has been accessed 397 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More