145th Regiment, Indiana InfantryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This Unit was organized at Indianapolis, Ind., and mustered in February 16, 1865. They mustered out at Georgia January 21, 1866.
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- The Civil War Archive section, 145th Regiment Infantry, (accessed 25 May 2012).
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Officer and Non-Commissioned Office - see Roster
- Company A - many men from Washington, Monroe, and Bartholomew counties - see Roster on page 489
- Company B - many men from Orange, Greene, and Lawrence counties - see Roster on page 490
- Company C - many men from Scott, Lawrence, and Jackson counties - see Roster on page 492
- Company D - many men from Monroe County - see Roster on page 493
- Company E - many men from Monroe County - see Roster on page 495
- Company F - many men from Jackson and Jennings counties - see Roster on page 496
- Company G - many men from Jackson,Lawrence, and Clark counties - see Roster on page 498
- Company H - many men from Bartholomew and Jennings counties - see Roster
- Company I - many men from Monroe, Jefferson and Greene counties - see Roster on page 500
- Company K - many men from Brown and Hendricks counties - see Roster on page 503
The list of companies with their counties and their rosters are on the 145th Regiment, Indiana Infantry on CIVIL WAR INDEX web site. (accessed 31 Jan 2011)
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Civil War can be searched by soldier's name (accessed 1 May 2011)
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Indiana in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Indiana in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Indiana, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- The Civil War Archive (accessed 13 Dec 2010) Website with histories of the Indiana Regiments.
- List of Indiana Civil War Regiment (accessed 13 Dec 2010) List of Indiana Regiments that are on Wikipedia.
- Union Army Regimental History Index (accessed 14 Dec 2010) Index Of Regimental Histories: Artillery, Cavalry, Infantry, and other units, states Alabama to Indiana.
- 145th Indiana Infantry (accessed 11 Dec 2010) 145th Indiana Infantry Company "F" Muster Roll (Jackson Country).
- This page was last modified on 24 May 2012, at 19:39.
- This page has been accessed 1,590 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page