14th Regiment, South Carolina MilitiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This unit was listed in Brigadier General John K. Jackson, Brigadier General James H. Trapier's Divison in Jan 1865. It was called to active duty at Branchville, SC, on 5 January 1865, and was moved to Blackville, SC, on 17 January. On 15 February, it numbered about 210 men, and was posted on the western side of the congaree River, near the bridge at columbia, SC, and provided a 50 man detail to guard the Broad River bridge .
Joseph H. Crute, Jr.'s book, "Units of the Confederate States Army", contains no history for this unit.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
Company D - Roster, (accessed 6 Apr 2011).
Company F - Roster, (accessed 6 Apr 2011).
Company K - Roster, (accessed 6 Apr 2011).
Company Unknown - Roster, (accessed 6 Apr 2011).
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment. This site uses Joseph H. Crute's book, Units of the Confederate States Army, as their main source for the regiment history. Family History Library book 973 M2crua, FHL Collection, WorldCat.
- Compiled Service Records of Confederate Soldiers Who Served in Organizations from the State of South Carolina. Microfilm publication M267. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Services, 1958. These records have been indexed and digitized and are available at Footnote.com (A subscription website, but is available for use at the Family History Library and some Family History Centers). It has digital Civil War soldier service records and brief regiment histories (located at the bottom of some of the muster rolls). (Accessed December 2010)
- "14th Regiment Militia". The War for Southern Independence in South Carolina. Eastern Digital Resources an Internet site, accessed 12/22/2010. Lists some references for this unit.
- "South Carolina Reserve and Miscellaneous Units in the War of the Rebellion". Lists a few officers, sometimes dates and company names.
- ↑ 14th Regiment, South Carolina Militia (accessed 6 Apr 2011).
- ↑ Joseph H. Crute. Units of the Confederate States Army. (Midlothian, Virginia : Derwent Books, c1987).FHL book 973 M2crua. Information available at: National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed December 2010).
- This page was last modified on 11 January 2013, at 02:02.
- This page has been accessed 304 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More