150th Regiment, Indiana InfantryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This Unit was organized at Indianapolis, Indiana, and mustered in March 9, 1865. They mustered out August 5, 1865 in Virginia.
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- The Civil War Archive section, 150th Regiment Infantry, (accessed 25 May 2012)
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Officer and Non-Commissioned Office - see Roster
- Company A - many men from Boone, Tippecanoe, and Carroll counties - see Roster on page 563
- Company B - many men from Tippecanoe, Boone, and Carroll counties - see Roster on page 564
- Company C - many men from Boone, and Tippecanoe counties - see Roster on page 566
- Company D - many men from Carroll, Clinton, Tippecanoe, Montgomery, Warren, and Fountain counties - see Roster on page 567
- Company E - many men from Montgomery, Boone, and Carroll counties - see Roster on page 568
- Company F- many men from Montgomery, Clinton, Warren, and Carroll counties - see Roster on page 570
- Company G - many men from Warren, Carroll, Benton, Clinton counties- see Roster on page 571
- Company H - many men from Fountain, Carroll, and Warren, counties - see Roster on page 573
- Company I - many men from Clinton, Fountain, and Tippecanoe counties - see Roster on page 575
- Company K - many men from Tippecanoe, Clinton, Fountain, Boone, and Montgomery counties - see Roster on page 576
- Unassigned Recuits - see Roster on page 577
The list of companies with their counties and their rosters are on the 150th Regimen, Indiana Infantry on CIVIL WAR INDEX web site. (accessed 29 Jan 2011
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Civil War can be searched by soldier's name (accessed 1 May 2011)
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Indiana in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Indiana in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Indiana, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- The Civil War Archive. (accessed 13 Dec 2010) Brief history of the 150th Regiments, Indiana Infantry.
- Wikipedia (accessed 13 Dec 2010) article on the 150th Regiment, Indiana Infantry.
- Union Army Regimental History Index (accessed 14 Dec 2010) Index Of Regimental Histories: Artillery, Cavalry, Infantry, and other units, states Alabama to Indiana
- 150th Indiana Infantry Regiment (accessed 20 Dec 2010) timeline
- ↑ National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 4 January 2011).
- ↑ "Militay" Chapter 20 in Tucker, E. 1882. History of Randolph County, Indiana: with illustrations and biographical sketches of some of its prominent men and pioneers: to which are appended maps of its several townships. (Chicago: A.L. Klingman.), (page 267-268, Regiment, Company, some Name's), 977.266 H2t FHL US/CAN Large Q Book FHL Collection other librariesINTERNET ARCHIVE
- This page was last modified on 6 December 2013, at 16:11.
- This page has been accessed 1,227 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki