18th Regiment, South Carolina MilitiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
"Units of the Confederate States Army" by Joseph H. Crute, Jr. contains no history for this unit  .
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
Company A - Roster, (accessed 6 Apr 2011).
Company B - Roster, (accessed 6 Apr 2011).
Company C - Roster, (accessed 6 Apr 2011).
Company D - Roster, (accessed 6 Apr 2011).
Company E - Roster, (accessed 6 Apr 2011).
Company F - Roster, (accessed 6 Apr 2011).
Company Unknown - Roster, (accessed 6 Apr 2011).
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment. This site uses Joseph H. Crute's book, Units of the Confederate States Army, as their main source for the regiment history. Family History Library book 973 M2crua, FHL Collection, WorldCat.
- Footnote.com (A subscription website, but is available for use at the Family History Library and some Family History Centers). It has digital Civil War soldier service records and brief regiment histories (located at the bottom of some of the muster rolls).
- 18th Regiment South Carolina Militia, (accessed 6 Apr 2011). Rosters.
- This page was last modified on 11 January 2013, at 02:59.
- This page has been accessed 365 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More