19th century South Australian shippingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The site has searchable databases that will allow you to access details on ships arriving in South Australia.
The records are divided into specific periods, which correspond to the emigration schemes available at the time:
• 1836 to 1840: The early years—large numbers of British emigrants respond to a widespread advertising program and apply for free passage.
• June 1841 to 1845: Government assisted emigration suspended due to lack of funds
• 1847 to 1886: Various assisted emigration schemes offered by the government according to the labour requirements of the colony.
This website is an invaluable tool for genealogists who are researching in South Australia.
- This page was last modified on 29 October 2010, at 00:09.
- This page has been accessed 804 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News