1st Battalion, Arkansas Infantry (6 months, 1862) (Union)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The 1st Battalion, Arkansas Infantry was organized at Cassville and Springfield, Missouri, June to August, 1862, and mustered in at Springfield, Missouri, August 7, 1862. It was part of the skirmish near Van Buren April 2, 1865. The regiment mustered out August 20, 1865.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Arkansas in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Arkansas in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Tennessee, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- This page was last modified on 23 May 2013, at 01:41.
- This page has been accessed 339 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki