22nd Regiment, Georgia Infantry (Confederate)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Formed at Big Shanty, Georgia, in September, 1861, with men from Schley, Glascock, Bartow, Lincoln, Washington, Dawson, and Henry counties.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Officers, Non-Commissioned Offices, and Staff - see - Roster on page 934
- Company A - Richmond County - see - Roster on page 935; USGenWeb
- Company B - ('Glascock Independent") Glascock County - see - Roster on page 942; USGenWeb
- Company C - ("Freeman Infantry") Paulding County - see - Roster on page 950; USGenWeb
- Company D - Murray County - see -Roster on page 957; USGenWeb
- Company E - ("Warsaw Rebels") Forsyth and Milton Counties - see - Roster on page 963; USGenWeb
- Company F - ("Bartow Volunteers" or "Lincoln County Volunteers" ) Lincoln County - see - Roster on page 973; USGenWeb
- Company G - ("Fireside Defenders") Bartow and Floyd counties - see - Roster on page 979; USGenWeb
- Company H - ("Gardner Volunteers") Warren County - see - Roster on page 986; USGenWeb
- Company I - Dawson County - see - Roster on page 994; USGenWeb
- Company K - ("Henry Volunteers") Clayton and Henry Counties - see - Roster on page 1000; USGenWeb
- Georgia USGenWeb Archives Project - Civil War Records - Individual Soldiers
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Georgia in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Georgia in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Georgia, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Confederate States of America. Army. Georgia Volunteer Regiment, 22nd, Company G. Report of reunion of Co. "G" of 22nd Regiment Georgia Volunteers, 1895-1926. (Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1961), FHL film 282766 Item 2
- Herring, Dorothy Holland. Company C : of the Twenty-Second Georgia Infantry Regiment in the Confederate service. (Westminster, Maryland : Willow Bend Books, 2000, c2000), FHL book 975.8 M2hd Google Book
- This page was last modified on 18 November 2014, at 15:45.
- This page has been accessed 2,105 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page