27th Regiment, Georgia Infantry (Confederate)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Formed at Camp Stevens, Georgia, during the summer of 1861, contained men from Pike, Bibb, Jackson, Taylor, Talbot, Appling, Quitman, and Clay counties. 
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Officers, Non-Commissioned Offices, and Staff - see - Roster on page 284
- Company A - ("Georgia Drillers") Marion and Schley County - see - Roster on page 286; USGenWeb; USGenWeb
- Company B - ("Rutland Grays") Bibb County - see - Roster on page 291; USGenWeb
- Company C - ("Jackson Guards") Crawford County - see - Roster on page 299; USGenWeb
- Company D - Hall County - see - Roster on page 306; USGenWeb
- Company E - ("Bethsaida Rifle Guards") Campbell and Fayette counties - see - Roster on page 314; USGenWeb
- Company F - ("Taylor Guards") Taylor County - see - Roster on page 323; USGenWeb
- Company G - ("County Line Guards") Pike and Spalding Counties- see - Roster on page 330; USGenWeb
- Company H - ("Zachry Rangers") Henry County - see - Roster on page 338; USGenWeb
- Company I - ("Appling Grays") Appling County - see - Roster on page 346; USGenWeb
- Company K - Talbot County - see - Roster on page 352; USGenWeb
Georgia, and Lillian Henderson. 1959. Roster of the Confederate soldiers of Georgia, 1861-1865. Hapeville, Ga: Longina & Porter. WorldCat FHL Collection HATHI TRUST Digital Library HATHI TRUST ; also on USGenWeb
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Georgia in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Georgia in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Georgia, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- This page was last modified on 19 August 2014, at 17:06.
- This page has been accessed 1,071 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki