2nd Regiment, North Carolina Detailed MenEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
2nd Regiment, North Carolina Detailed Men was organized late in 1864 and sent to Salisbury, North Carolina. It was probably captured in the engagement at Salisbury on April 12, 1865.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
Company A - many men from Yadkin County
Company B - many men fromDavie County
Company C - many men from Surry County
Company D - many men from Surry County
Company E - many men from Surry County
Company F - many men from Alleghany County
Company G - many men from Ashe County
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘North Carolina in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- North Carolina in the Civil War describes many sources, specifically for North Carolina, and how to find them. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- ↑ National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).
- ↑ Sifakis, Stewart. Compendium of The Confederate Armies: North Carolina. Facts On file New York - Oxford 1992.FHL book 975 M2ss
- This page was last modified on 24 October 2012, at 01:21.
- This page has been accessed 419 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki