32nd Regiment, Georgia Infantry (Confederate)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Assembled at Savannah, Georgia, in May, 1862, contained men from Savannah and the counties of Washington, Burke, Effingham, and Screven. National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).</ref>
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Officers, Non-Commissioned Offices, and Staff - see - Roster on page 659
- Company A - Jasper and Jones Counties - see - Roster on page 660; USGenWeb
- Company B - Talbot County - see - Roster on page 675; USGenWeb
- Company C - ("Williams' Volunteers") Burke County - see - Roster on page 688
- Company D - ("Sidney Johnston Guards") Dougherty County - see - Roster on page 695; USGenWeb
- Company E - Washington County - see - Roster on page 702; USGenWeb
- Company F - ("Jeff Davis Guards") Clay County - see - Roster on page 708;
- Company G - Emanuel County - see - Roster on page 721; USGenWeb
- Company H - Monroe County - see - Roster on page 730; USGenWeb
- Company I - ("Woodson Guards") Upson County - see - Roster on page 742; USGenWeb; USGenWeb
- Company K - ("Alexander Greys") Burke County - see - Roster on page 755
Georgia, and Lillian Henderson. 1959. Roster of the Confederate soldiers of Georgia, 1861-1865. Hapeville, Ga: Longina & Porter. WorldCat FHL Collection HATHI TRUST Digital Library HATHI TRUST; also on USGenWeb
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Georgia in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Georgia in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Georgia, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Cobb, Angela W. Roster of the Confederate Soldiers of Burke County, Georgia 1861-1865. (Baltimore, Maryland : Gateway Press, c1998), FHL book 978.865 M2c
- This page was last modified on 29 July 2014, at 17:29.
- This page has been accessed 1,455 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki