36th Regiment, Georgia Infantry (Broyles') (Confederate)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Organized at Dalton, Georgia , during the winter of 1861-1862 with many officers and men from the Dalton area. 
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Officers, Non-Commissioned Offices, and Staff - see - Roster on page 929; USGenWeb
- Company A - Cherokee County - see - Roster on page 930; USGenWeb
- Company B - Whitfield County - see - Roster on page 939; USGenWeb
- Company C - Whitfield County - see - Roster on page 948; USGenWeb
- Company D - Bartow County - see - Roster on page 955; USGenWeb
- Company E - Cherokee County - see - Roster on page 964; USGenWeb
- Company F - Dekalb County - see - Roster on page 973; USGenWeb
- Company G - Whitfield County - see - Roster on page 983; USGenWeb
- Company H - Whitfield County - see - Roster on page 991; USGenWeb
- Company I - Whitfield County - see - Roster on page 997; USGenWeb
- Company K - Gwinnett County - see - Roster on page 1003; USGenWeb
- Company L - Pickens County - see - Roster on page 1009; USGenWeb
Georgia, and Lillian Henderson. 1959. Roster of the Confederate soldiers of Georgia, 1861-1865. Hapeville, Ga: Longina & Porter. WorldCat FHL Collection HATHI TRUST Digital Library HATHI TRUST; also on USGenWeb
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Georgia in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Georgia in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Georgia, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- This page was last modified on 21 October 2014, at 17:14.
- This page has been accessed 1,453 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki