43rd Regiment, Georgia Infantry (Confederate)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This regiment was organized at Big Shanty, Georgia, in April, 1862, contained men from Cherokee, Pickens, Cobb, Hall, Forsyth, Jefferson, and Jackson counties. National Park Service,
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Officers, Non-Commissioned Offices, and Staff - see - Roster on page 615; USGenWeb
- Company A - ("Cherokee Van Guards") Cherokee County - see - Roster on page 617; USGenWeb
- Company B - Cherokee County - see - Roster on page 627; USGenWeb
- Company C - ("Pickens Volunterrs") Pickens County - see - Roster on page 637 (History on page 650); USGenWeb
- Company D - ("Middle River Volunteers") Banks County - see - Roster on page 651; USGenWeb
- Company E - ("Kellogg Rifles") Forsyth County - see - Roster on page 659; USGenWeb
- Company F - ("Hall Light Guards") Hall County - see - Roster on page 672; USGenWeb
- Company G - ("Minitz Invincibles" or "Rebel Guards") Jackson County - see - Roster on page 684; USGenWeb
- Company H - ("Jackson County Blues") Jackson County - see - Roster on page 693; USGenWeb
- Company I - ("Zillicoffer Guards") Forsyth County - see - Roster on page 701; USGenWeb
- Company L - Pickens County - see - Roster on page 712
- Company K - ("Brown's Boy") Hall County - see - Roster on page 717; USGenWeb
Georgia, and Lillian Henderson. 1959. Roster of the Confederate soldiers of Georgia, 1861-1865. Hapeville, Ga: Longina & Porter. WorldCat FHL Collection HATHI TRUST Digital Library HATHI TRUST; also on USGenWeb
- Georgia USGenWeb Archives Project - Civil War Records - Individual Soldiers
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Georgia in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Georgia in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Georgia, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Bell, James W. The 43rd Georgia Infantry Regiment, Army of Tennessee, C.S.A (Hodges, South Carolina : Lindy Publications, c1990), FHL book 975.8 M2b
- Bogle, Joseph. Historical sketches of Barton's (later Stovall's) Georgia Brigade, Army of the Tennessee, C.S.A : with complete roster of the 40th, 41st, 42nd, 43rd and 52nd regiments. (Dayton, Ohio : Morningside House, c1984 FHL book 973 M2bog
- Goodson, Gary Ray. Georgia Confederate 7,000 : new research: Army of Tennessee, Georgia infantry brigade incredible history. (Shawnee, Colorado : Goodson Enterprises Inc, c1995, c1997, c2000),),FHL book 975.8 M2g pts. 1 - 3 digitized and The Civil War historical sketches of private-Marion Washington Goodson Georgia 40th infantry, company F - Paulding Washington guards : and the Confederate States of America army of Tennessee, Georgia infantry brigades - 40th, 41st, 42nd, 43rd, 52nd, American Civil War, 1861-1865. (Highlands Ranch, Colorado : G.R. Goodson, c1994), (Highlands Ranch, Colorado : G.R. Goodson, c1994), FHL book 921.73 A1 no. 767 digitized
- This page was last modified on 18 November 2014, at 16:01.
- This page has been accessed 2,200 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More