46th Regiment, Georgia Infantry (Confederate)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This regiment was formed during the spring of 1862 with men from Upson, Schley, Harris, Muscogee, Chattahoochee, Webster, Marion, and Talbot counties. National Park Service 
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Officers, Non-Commissioned Offices, and Staff - see - Roster - on page 924
- Company A - ("Upson Sentinels") Upson County - see - Roster - on page 926; USGenWeb; USGenWeb
- Company B - ("Schley Rifles") Schley County - see - Roster - on page 938; USGenWeb
- Company C - ("Muscogee Volunteers") Muscogee County - see - Roster - on page 947 (History on page 958); USGenWeb
- Company D - ("Chattahoochee Sentinels ") Chattahoochee County - see - Roster - on page 959; USGenWeb
- Company E - ("Harris Blues") Harris County - see - Roster - on page 968 (History on page 978); USGenWeb
- Company F - ("Webster County Invincibles") Webster County - see - Roster - on page 979; USGenWeb
- Company G - ("The Wards") Stewart County - see - Roster - on page 987; USGenWeb
- Company H - ("Marion Volunteers") Marion County - see - Roster - on page 997; USGenWeb
- Company I - ("Talbot Volunteers or Talbot Grenadiers") Talbot County - see - Roster - on page 1008; USGenWeb
- Company K - ("Price Volunteers") Muscogee County - see - Roster - on page 1019; USGenWeb
Georgia, and Lillian Henderson. 1959. Roster of the Confederate soldiers of Georgia, 1861-1865. Hapeville, Ga: Longina & Porter. WorldCat FHL Collection HATHI TRUST Digital Library HATHI TRUST; also on USGenWeb
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Georgia in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Georgia in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Georgia, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Georgia. Court of Ordinary (Stewart County). Confederate rosters (reconstructed in 1899). (Atlanta [Georgia] : Georgia Department of Archives and History, 1960), FHL film 847787
- This page was last modified on 22 July 2014, at 17:41.
- This page has been accessed 1,471 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki