4th Regiment, US Reserve Corps, Missouri Infantry (3 months, 1861) (Union)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Organized at St. Louis, Mo., May 8, 1861. Attached to Lyons' Command, Army of the West, Capture of Camp Jackson, St. Louis, May 10. Ordered to Rolla, Mo., May 16, and duty there till June 30. (Cos. "A" and "B" at garrison, Waynesville, till June 30.) March to Springfield, Mo., July 1-5 (except Co. "C" at Waynesville and Co. "L" at Lebanon). March to Mt. Vernon to reinforce General Sigel July 7. Return to Springfield July 9. Moved to St. Louis July 17. To Bird's Point, Mo., July 18, and duty there till August. Mustered out August 18, 1861.
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- The Civil War Archive section, 4th Regiment United States Reserve Corps Infantry, (accessed 25 July 2012:.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles,companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 9 Dec. 2010) can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment.
BOOKS AND FILMS
- United States. War Department. Record and Pension Office. Compiled Records Showing Service of Military Units in Volunteer Union Organizations. (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, c1964).FHL CollectionFHL US/CAN Film 1488549. Other libraries with this microfilm. View Online at Internet Archives.
- This page was last modified on 14 June 2013, at 01:35.
- This page has been accessed 471 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page