54th Regiment, Tennessee InfantryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The 54th Regiment, Tennessee Infantry was assembled at Nashville, Tennessee, in February, 1862. During April it was consolidated with the remnants of Voorhies' 48th Regiment to form Nixon's 48th Regiment. 
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Company A - Enrolled at Nashville.
- Company B - Enrolled at Nashville.
- Company C - Enrolled at Lawrenceburg.
- Company D -
- Company E - Men from Lawrence County.
- Company F - Men from Maury County.
- Company G - Men from Lawrence County.
- Company H - Men from Wayne County.
- Company I - Men from Lawrence County.
- Company K -
1st Company (Captain T. R. Hughes) - many men from Wayne County
2nd Company (Captain D. S. Skillern) - many men from Wayne County
3rd Company (Captain James M. Reynolds) - many men from Wayne County
The information above is from The Goodspeed Histories, Vol 9.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Tennessee in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Tennessee in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Tennessee, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Tennesseans in the Civil War, 54th Tennessee Infantry Regiment, (accessed 22 Oct 2011).
- The Fifty-fourth Tennessee (Confederate) Regiment, a brief history, (accessed 29 Dec 2011).
- This page was last modified on 11 January 2013, at 01:50.
- This page has been accessed 962 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki