81st Battalion, Enrolled Missouri Militia (Union)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
81st Battalion, Enrolled Missouri Militia was enrolled on 29 July 1862. They were ordered into service on 15 October 1863. The Battalion was discharged on 1 March 1864.
Companies in this Battalion with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
Company A - Captain Joseph Truex - Many men from Cameron, DeKalb County
The above information about the companies with partial rosters is found in Kenneth E. Weant's book, Civil War Records Missouri Enrolled Militia Infantry Regiments, Volume 11
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Missouri in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Missouri in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Missouri, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Kenneth E. Weant, Civil War Records Missouri Enrolled Militia Infantry Regiments, Volume 11 (Arlington, Texas : K.E. Weant, c2010), page #35. FHL book 977.8 M2wka v.11
- This page was last modified on 20 September 2012, at 01:58.
- This page has been accessed 34 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More