A Comprehensive List of Hackney District Churches in Pre-1900Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Here's "A Comprehensive List of Hackney District Churches in Pre-1900" as follows:
- All Saints, Lower Clapton - 1873
- All Souls, Clapton - 1881
- Christ Church, Clapton - 1871
- Christ Church, South Hackney - 1872
- Clapton (Upper) Chapel - 1777
- Hackney Church South, Lauriston Rd - Holy Trinity, Dalston - 1879
- Holy Trinity, Beechwood Rd Dalston - 1879
- Homerton Chapel - see Ram's Chapel
- Kingsland Chapel - was originally a chapel for St Bartholomew Hospital; built probably around 1720; became a chapel of ease when at the closure of the hospital in 1760, local people petitioned to keep the chapel open which saved residents the walk to the parish church in Hackney proper; it was never repaired and was in poor condition in the 1820s, being demolished in 1846.
- Merchant Taylor’s School Mission -
- Ram's Chapel - 1723
- St Augustine, Victoria Park, South Hackney - 1860
- St Barnabas, Homerton High St, Hackney - 1847 - Google Map (courtesy: WeRelate)
- St Barnabas, Shacklewell, Hackney - 1890
- St Barnabas w/ St. Paul - 1824
- St Bartholomew, Dalston Lance, Dalston - 1897
- St James, West Hackney - 1824
- St James The Great, Lower Clapton Rd, Hackney - 1841
- St James the Great, Clapton - 1863
- St John - 1555 [* the ancient parish]
- St John's Chapel, Well Street - 1810
- St John of Jerusalem, Lauriston Rd, Hackney - 1826 - Marriages from 1832 to 1837 are included in Pallot's Marriage Index.
- St John The Evangelist, Finsbury Park, Gloucester Dr - 1874
- St Luke, Homerton Terrace, Homerton - 1872 - Google Map (courtesy: WeRelate)
- St Mark, St Mark's Rise, Dalston - 1870 - Google Map (courtesy: WeRelate)
- St Martin Mission Church, St. Ada - 1907
- St Mary of Eton, Hackney Wick - 1881
- St Matthew w/ Holy Trinity, Lee Brdg, Upper Clapton - 1866
- St Michael and All Angels, So. Hackney - 1865
- St Paul, Lower Homerton - 1889
- St Paul's Mission, West Hackney
- St Peter, Northchurch Terrace, De Beauvoir Town - 1840
- St Philip, Dalston - 1847
- St Saviour, Dalston Lane West Hackney - 1874
- St Thomas the Apostle, Clapton Common Stamford Hill - 1827
- South Hackney Church, Hackney - see St John of Jerusalem above
- Stamford Hill Chapel, Hackney - see St Thomas the Apostle
- Well Street Chapel - see St John's Chapel, Well Street
- West Hackney Church, Stoke Newington Rd - 1824 - Marriages from 1825 to 1838 are included in Pallot's Marriage Index.
- This page was last modified on 3 April 2012, at 04:20.
- This page has been accessed 1,045 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki