A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New EnglandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Use online editions of James Savage’s book A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England to find biographical information of many early settlers of New England. If your ancestors were from any of the six New England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont), this record might be very helpful in your research.
"Though the publication includes some errors, it remains an important reference point for New England genealogists." (D. Joshua Taylor, "Printed, Online, and Onsite: Fantastic Resources for Colonial New England Research," Crossroads, Utah Genealogical Association, Fall 2012, 9.)
Each settler’s biographical sketch may include:
- Birth date and place
- Marriage date and place
- Death date and place
- Biographical information
- Other family members
- Vol. 1, A-C: Internet Archives (color), Google Books (good search)
- Vol. 2, D-J: Internet Archives (color), Google Books (good search)
- Vol. 3, K-R: Internet Archives (color), Google Books (good search)
- Vol. 4, S-Z: Internet Archives (color), Google Books (good search)
- This page was last modified on 3 January 2013, at 16:52.
- This page has been accessed 3,415 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More