Abbots Langley, HertfordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire|
|Poor Law Union||Watford PLU|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1570|
|Diocese||Pre-1845 - London; Post-1844 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of St Albans|
|Location of Archive|
|Hertfordshire Record Office|
Abbots-Langley, is a parish and a subdistrict in Watford district, Hertfordshire. It is on the Grand junction canal and 1 mile SE of King's Langley railway station. There are Independent and Wesleyan chapels in this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire Online Parish Records|
Langleybury registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Langleybury Online Records|
Leavesden chapelry registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Leavesden Chapelry Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288827.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hertfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870. Adapted. Date accessed: 11 January 2014.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 13 December 2013.
- ↑ 'The Hertfordshire Collection,' findmypast, accessed 3 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Marriages and Marriage Licences (1538-1922),' Hertfordshire County Council, accessed 6 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Hertford, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 11 December 2013.
- ↑ Hertfordshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 12 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 12 December 2013.
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 19:26.
- This page has been accessed 2,117 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page