Addington, BuckinghamshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Addington, Buckinghamshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Addington (St. Mary), a parish, in the union, hundred, and county of Buckingham, 1¾ mile (W.N.W.) from Winslow.'
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Addington, Buckinghamshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|Addington, Buckinghamshire Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241212.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Buckinghamshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Addington on GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 12-15. Date accessed: 16 May 2013. Adapted.
- ↑ 'Buckinghamshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 28 January 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Buckingham, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 4 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Buckinghamshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 27 January 2014.
- This page was last modified on 16 June 2014, at 20:57.
- This page has been accessed 755 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki