Adopt-A-Wiki Page: Example PageEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Please Note: This page has been created as an example of an "adopted" wiki page (note that the adopting organization cited below is fictitious - any resemblance to an actual organization is unintentional). See the Adopt-a-Wiki page guide for more information on page adoption and adopt a page today!
United States > Maine
Welcome to Maine, The Pine Tree State
Many military records are found at the Family History Library, the National Archives, and other federal and state archives. The United States Military Records article provides more information about the federal records.
Extinct or Renamed Counties:
- Find which county a town is in, what town a cemetery is in, even where a postoffice or building is by using the United States Geographical Survey's Geographical Names Information System.
- David Rumsey Map Collection is a large online collection of rare, old, antique historical atlases, globes, maps, charts plus other cartographic treasures.
- The Maine GenWeb Project has a wealth of information and is a part of the larger USGenWeb Project. The USGenWeb Project provides internet information on every county in every state in the United States.
- Maine Genealogy offers databases, transcribed records, and a social network for Maine researchers.
- Maine Historical Society provides information on the Society's holdings and events, and offers members-only access to online databases.
- Maine State Archives provides many genealogical resources.
Things you can do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by:
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 04:06.
- This page has been accessed 6,491 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News