Alabama TaxationEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Alabama. Probate Court (Dallas County). Poll Taxes, 1901–1950. Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1987. FHL Films 1532154 item 4 and 1532155. These records contain the taxpayer’s name, the year the person registered, and sometimes his or her exact birth date. The records may also indicate whether the person transferred to or from another county. Military service information may be included, such as the person’s discharge number or year of death. If the taxpayer was female, both her maiden and married names may appear in the records.
A microfilm collection of Internal Revenue Tax lists taken in 1865 to 1866 is available:
- United States. Bureau of Internal Revenue. Internal Revenue Assessment Lists of Alabama, 1865–1866. National Archives Microfilm Publications, M0754. Washington, D.C.: National Archives, 1987. FHL Films 1578453–58. The counties are divided into three districts. See the FamilySearch Catalog for counties and film numbers. The records are arranged by year and then usually by month.
Taxation records are listed in the Place Search of the FamilySearch Catalog under:
- ALABAMA - TAXATION
- ALABAMA, [COUNTY] - TAXATION
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 23:04.
- This page has been accessed 2,886 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki