Albemarle County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The four precincts of Shaftesbury/Chowan, Currituck, Pasquotank, and Berkeley/Perquimans had been carved out of Albemarle by October 1668. By 1669 the original Albemarle County had ceased to exist.
Also, for a brief period from about 1680 to the mid-1680s the Pasquotank Precinct was changed to Albemarle Precinct (not to be confused with the much larger Albemarle County), but the precinct residents preferred Pasquotank, so it was changed back.
- ↑ "Albemarle County, North Carolina" in Counties of North Carolina at http://www.carolana.com/NC/Counties/albemarle_county_nc.html (accessed 3 January 2011).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Pasquotank County, North Carolina" in Counties of North Carolina at http://www.carolana.com/NC/Counties/pasquotank_county_nc.html (accessed 3 January 2011).
- ↑ "North Carolina Time Line" in Kindred Roots Genealogical Society at http://www.kindredroots.com/NC/nc_counties.htm (accessed 3 January 2011).
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 23:25.
- This page has been accessed 2,783 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More