Alberta Bibliography 2 (National Institute)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The original content for this article was contributed by The National Institute for Genealogical Studies in June 2012. It is an excerpt from their course Research: Alberta Ancestors by Arlene Borgstede. The Institute offers over 200 comprehensive genealogy courses for a fee ($).
- Alberta: Index to Registration of Births, Marriages and Deaths 1870 to 1905. Volume I. Edmonton Branch, Alberta Genealogical Society, Edmonton, Alberta, 1995.
- Cimetière St.-Paul Cemetery 1897-1926. Musée Historique St. Paul Historical Museum, St. Paul, Alberta.
- Dempsey, Hugh A., (ed) The Rundle Journals: 1840-1848. Historical Society of Alberta and Glenbow-Alberta Institute, 1977.
- Genealogical Resources in the Edmonton Area. Edmonton Branch, Alberta Genealogical Society, Edmonton, Alberta, 1991.
- Holmgreb, Eric J. and Holmgren Patricia M., 2000 Place Names of Alberta. Modern Press Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, c. 1972.
- Lemieux, Victoria and Leonard, David, Tracing Your Ancestors in Alberta. Lemieux/Leonard Research Associates, Edmonton, Alberta, 1992.
- Lethbridge Genealogical Resources. Lethbridge and District Branch, AGS, 1988. Shows the institutions in the Lethbridge areas and the genealogy resources they have available.
- Marshalsay, Barbara and Wheeler, Margaret ed. Lethbridge News and Macleod Gazette 1882-1900: A Subject and Biographical Index. MW Associates, Library and Information Services, Lethbridge, Alberta, 1981.
- Mychajlunow, Lorraine and Stotyn, Keith, A Guide to the Archives of the United Church, Alberta and Northwest Conference. 1991. Includes microfiche file list.
- Owens, Brian M. & Roberto, Claude, M. Guide to the Records of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate–Province of Alberta-Saskatchewan. The Missionary Oblates, Edmonton, Alberta, 1989.
- Parker, Harry, List of Cities, Towns and Villages in Alberta. 1996. This small publication, at the Alberta Genealogical Society Library, lists communities in Alberta in alphabetical order and gives direction for finding them: highway, kilometers, postal codes, and population. Major highways are listed with the communities along each route.
- Proof of Age Documents in Alberta: A Surname Index: 1863-1969. Documentary Heritage Society of Alberta in cooperation with the Provincial Archives of Alberta, 1998.
- Strathern, Gloria M., Alberta Newspapers 1880-1982: An Historical Directory.
- Wheeler, Margaret and Ellis, Greg ed., Lethbridge News 1901-1906 and Lethbridge Herald 1905-1918 A Subject and Biographical Index. The Archives of the Sir Alexander Museum, City of Lethbridge, Alberta, c 1987.
Information in this Wiki page is excerpted from the online course Research: Alberta Ancestors offered by The National Institute for Genealogical Studies. To learn more about this course or other courses available from the Institute, see our website. We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome updates and additions to this Wiki page.
- This page was last modified on 15 September 2014, at 18:48.
- This page has been accessed 247 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More