Albury, HertfordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
England Hertfordshire Hertfordshire Parishes Guide to Albury, Hertfordshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Bishop’s Stortford PLU|
|Registration District||Bishop Stortford|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1813|
|Rural Deanery||Bishop's Stortford|
|Diocese||Pre-1846 - London; Post-1845 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Pre-1845 - Court of the Peculiar of the Dean and Chapter of St Paul's Cathedral; Post-1844 - Court of the Archdeaconry of St Albans|
|Location of Archive|
|Hertfordshire Record Office|
Albury (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Bishop-Stortford, hundred of Edwinstree, county of Hertford, 4 1/2 miles (N.W.) from Bishop-Stortford.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Albury, Hertfordshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|HERTS = Hertfordshire Names Online - free|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|Albury, Hertfordshire Parish Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288830.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hertfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1838. Adapted. Date accessed: 11 January 2014.
- ↑ 'The Hertfordshire Collection,' FindMyPast, accessed 3 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Marriages and Marriage Licences (1538-1922),' Hertfordshire County Council, accessed 6 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Hertford, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 11 December 2013.
- ↑ Hertfordshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 12 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 12 December 2013.
- This page was last modified on 23 May 2014, at 14:46.
- This page has been accessed 1,246 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki