Alderford, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Alderford, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||St Faith's PLU|
|Registration District||St Faiths|
|Parish registers: 1723|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Alderford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Norfolk. Genuki.org.uk has more details on this parish.
ALDERFORD (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of St. Faith's, hundred of Eynsford, E. division of Norfolk, 3¼ miles (S. E. by S.) from Reepham. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Alderford, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Alderford, Norfolk Online Parish Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1723-1812||Undefined||1723-1812, 1824-1836||Undefined||1723-1812|
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438850.
1891 Census Surnames Index courtesy of Norfolk Transcription Archives
1597 Subsidy Taxes courtesy of the Norfolk Transcription Archives
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Alderford on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 26-31. Date accessed: 28 August 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 21 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 15 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 06:25.
- This page has been accessed 1,191 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More