Allegany County, New York CourthousesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
County Clerk's Office
Allegany County Clerk
7 Court Street, Room 18
Belmont, New York 14813
The County Clerk's office has the following records:
- Deeds and mortgages
- Civil Court cases and divorces
- Marriage records from 1908 to 1935. Marriage records are kept in the Office of the Town Clerk of the town where the license is issued and also with the NYS Dept. of Health
- Census 1850, 1855, 1860, 1865, 1870, 1875, 1880, 1892, 1905, 1915 and 1925. A Census Certificate may be obtained from the County Clerk. The fee is $5.00 per certificate
- Miscellaneous Records. These ledger books go back to 1806 and contain listings such as: Formations of some churches, listing Elders, Deacons, etc. as well as the formation of many school districts with names, misc. legal appointments, misc. sales, Civil War soldier discharges, etc. There are 18 volumes labeled Misc. A through R.
Allegany County Surrogate's Court
Allegany County Courthouse
7 Court Street
Belmont, NY 14813
Phone: 585-268-5815 or 585-268-5813
The Surrogate Court has probate records.
- This page was last modified on 21 October 2011, at 15:27.
- This page has been accessed 1,304 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki