Alstonfield, StaffordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Alstonfield, Staffordshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Alstonfield PLU|
|Registration District||Ashbourne; Leek|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1661|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
ALSTONFIELD (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Leek, hundred of North Totmonslow, N. division of the county of Stafford, 7 miles (N. N. W.) from Ashbourn; comprising the chapelries of Elkstone, Warslow, Longnor, and Quarnford, and the townships of Alstonfield, Fairfieldhead, Heathy-Lee, and Hollinsclough.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Alstonfield parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|ALSTONFIELD PARISH (1538) Online Records|
Many of Staffordshire's Parish Register entries have been transcribed in full by Staffordshire FreeREG and can be searched for free.
The following MIs were kindly contributed by Alf Beard:
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Alstonfield, Staffordshire 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474629.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 12 October 2012.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 23 July 2014.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 15 March 2014.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (A-M), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 18 September 2013.
- ↑ Staffordshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 13 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
- This page was last modified on 23 August 2014, at 00:06.
- This page has been accessed 2,297 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki