Amherst Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
More than 50 tombstones from Saint Mark's Church Cemetery are also described at Find A Grave.
Colonial parish registers have been lost.
- St Marks Episcopal Church, Est. 1747, The Episcopal Church
- ↑ "St. Mark, Clifford | History of St Mark, Clifford," The Episcopal Church.
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- ↑ Mary Frances Boxley, Gravestone Inscriptions in Amherst County, Virginia (Amherst, Va., 1985).
- ↑ William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 04:14.
- This page has been accessed 3,695 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More