Anchorage Borough, AlaskaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Anchorage Borough Alaska genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Anchorage Borough, Alaska|
Location in the state of Alaska
Location of Alaska in the U.S.
|Founded||January 1, 1964|
|Address|| Muncipality of Anchorage, Alaska |
632 West 6th Avenue
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
Neighboring Boroughs and Census Areas
The Municipality of Anchorage is a consolidated city-borough with unified home rule. It is the northernmost city in the United States with more than 100,000 residents and the largest community in North America north of the 60th parallel.
15 September 1975: Merged with the City of Anchorage along with cities of Girdwood and Glen Alps to form Muncipality of Anchorage as the result of an election.
Business Records and Commerce
Alaska Online Historical Directories - identifies historical city, county, business and other directories available online on both free and pay-to-access websites. Includes Anchorage directories.
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
Naturalization and Citizenship
- Alaska Online Historical Newspapers - identifies historical archived and digitized newspapers available online on both free and pay-to-access websites. Includes Anchorage newspapers.
- Anchorage Daily News - full-text issues in Google News Archive; covers 1891-1989
Family History Centers
- Anchorage Borough Trails to the Past
- USGenWeb Archives
- Anchorage Borough, Alaska GenWeb Project.
- FamilySearch Family History Library Catalog
|This Alaska-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 15 May 2013, at 16:49.
- This page has been accessed 1,267 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More