Antigua and Barbuda CemeteriesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Antigua and Barbuda Cemeteries
More than 1500 Antigua monumental inscriptions are identified on the West Indian Plantations website.
Laurence-Archer transcribed some old Antigua monumental inscriptions:
- Laurence-Archer, James. Monumental Inscriptions of the British West Indies from the Earliest Date with Genealogical and Historical Annotations, from Original, Local and Other Sources, Illustrative of the Histories and Genealogies of the Seventeenth Century ... London: Chatto & Windus, 1875. FHL Film 283588; digital version at Internet Archive.
Monumental inscriptions were also published in Oliver's The History of the Island of Antigua published between 1894 and 1899:
- Oliver, Vere Langford. The History of the Island of Antigua: One of the Leeward Caribbees in the West Indies, from the First Settlement in 1635 to the Present Time. 3 vols. London: Mitchell and Hughes, 1894-1899. FHL Collection; digital versions at Internet Archive:
Oliver reexamined and updated these publication on a trip to the West Indies in 1913 and 1914:
- Oliver, Vere Langford. More Monumental Inscriptions: Tombstones of the British West Indies. 1927; reprint: San Bernardino, Calif.: The Borgo Press, 1993. Digitised by FamilySearch Books Online. Antigua entries begin on page 1.
- This page was last modified on 10 August 2012, at 21:52.
- This page has been accessed 804 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More