Antigua and Barbuda CensusEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Antigua and Barbuda Census
The 1678 Census of Antigua is abstracted in Volume 2 of:
- Oliver, Vere Langford. The History of the Island of Antigua: One of the Leeward Caribbees in the West Indies, from the First Settlement in 1635 to the Present Time. 3 vols. London: Mitchell and Hughes, 1894-1899. FHL Collection 972.974 D2o v. 2; digital version at Internet Archive.
1696 Association Oath Rolls
Not technically a census, the 1696 Association Oath Rolls serve as a census substitute. The original records are found in class C 213 at the National Archives, Kew, England. Gandy published abstracts of oath takers living in British plantations, including Antigua:
- Gandy, Wallace. The Association Oath Rolls of the British Plantations [New York, Virginia, Etc.] A.D. 1696. London: the author, 1922. Digital version at Internet Archive; reprint: FHL Collection 970 F2L 1995. [Antigua entries begin on page 61.]
- ↑ Cliff Webb, "Association Oath Rolls - Background to the Documents," Origins Network.
- This page was last modified on 7 May 2014, at 21:28.
- This page has been accessed 1,478 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback