Antigua and Barbuda Probate RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Antigua and Barbuda Probate Records
Proved in Antigua
Proved in Delaware
Richard Oliver of Antigua received a bequest in the will of Baldwin Johnson, of Appo. Hundred, New Castle county, Delaware, dated 1720, and proved 1721 in Delaware, see:
- The Historical Research Committee of the Colonial Dames of Delaware. A Calendar of Delaware Wills, New Castle County 1682-1800. New York: Frederick H. Hitchcock, 1911. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online. [See pp. 23-24.]
Proved in Edinburgh
Proved in London
Oliver compiled a list:
- 'Antigua. List of Wills relating to this Island proved in the P.C.C. down to 1812,' Caribbeana, Vol. 3 (1914):180-184. Digitised by dLOC - free.
Oliver also abstracted some wills and administrations proved in the PCC in Volume 3 of:
- Oliver, Vere Langford. The History of the Island of Antigua: One of the Leeward Caribbees in the West Indies, from the First Settlement in 1635 to the Present Time. 3 vols. London: Mitchell and Hughes, 1894-1899. FHL Collection; digital version at Internet Archive [See pp. 401-405, 458-460.]
- ↑ Place search for 'Antigua,' in Prerogative Court of Canterbury wills (1384-1858), Documents Online, The National Archives, 10 December 2010.
- This page was last modified on 18 October 2012, at 00:35.
- This page has been accessed 1,294 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki