Apex North Carolina Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Apex Family History Center, located behind the Raleigh North Carolina Temple, serves the towns of Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina, Morrisville, and nearby surrounding areas.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 590 Bryan Drive, Apex, North Carolina
- The FHC is located in the rear of the Church building where there is plenty of parking.
- Tuesdays: 10:00am-1:00pm; 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Wednesdays: 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursdays: 6:30pm-8:30pm (CLOSED for summer from 6/19 thru 8/14)
- Fridays: 10:00am-1:00pm
- Saturdays: 9:00am-12 noon(CLOSED for summer from 6/21 thru 8/16)
The Family History Center will be closed on days the Wake County Schools are closed due to severe weather conditions.
CLOSED on all National Holidays
CLOSED the week of Thanksgiving
CLOSED 2 weeks at Christmas (the week of Christmas & the following week)
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings - 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 7 patron computers
- 3 microfilm readers
- 1 microform copier (makes digital copies in addition to printouts)
- 1 flatbed scanner
- 1 photocopier
- 2 printers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The Apex FHC is only about 10 miles from the North Carolina State Archives and the Olivia Raney Library in Raleigh.
Volunteer at the Center
- This page was last modified on 19 July 2014, at 00:07.
- This page has been accessed 1,715 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki