Archives in South AustraliaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Adelaide City Council, the oldest municipality in Australia, was founded in 1840.
The documentary heritage of the City is preserved in the Archives, Civic Collection, and Oral History collections.
The City Archives was established in 1978 when Council appointed the first archivist. Initially the Archives were located in the Adelaide Town Hall before moving to purpose-built archival standard accommodation within the Corporation-owned Topham Car Park in 1986.
Phone: (+61) 8 8203 7439
Fax: (+61) 8 8203 7336
Adelaide City Council Archives
GPO Box 2252
Adelaide SA 5001
Hours of Opening: Monday to Friday : 8.45am to 5.00pm
By clicking on the above link, you will be able to access the following:
Discovering Our Past
- Australasian Government Family History Sources
* South Australian Family History Sources
* Other Family History Sources
Australasian Government Family History Sources
- Archives around Australia
* Archives New Zealand
* Archives Office of Tasmania
* National Archives of Australia
* Northern Territory Archives Service
* Public Record Office of Victoria
* Queensland State Archives
* State Records Authority of New South Wales
* State Records Office of Western Australia
* Territory Records Office, Australian Capital Territory
South Australian Family History Sources
- Adelaide City Council Archives
* Adoption and Family Information Services of South Australia
* Anglicare SA
* Births, Deaths and Marriages in South Australia
* Catholic Archdiocese of Adelaide Archives
* Convent of Mercy, Adelaide
* Family History of South Australia
* Family History, State Library of South Australia
* Land Services Group
* Lutheran Church of Australia Archives
* Public Trustee of South Australia
* South Australian Genealogy and Heraldry Society Inc.
* South Australian Maritime Museum
* South Australian Migration Museum
* South Australiana Collection, State Library of South Australia
- This page was last modified on 24 September 2010, at 20:08.
- This page has been accessed 447 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki