Argentina, Córdoba, Miscellaneous Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Argentina, Córdoba, Miscellaneous Records, 1574-1925 .
Title in the Language of the Record
Diversos Documentos de la Provincia de Córdoba, Argentina
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Argentina, Córdoba, Misce...aneous Records, 1574-1925.|
These records are in Spanish. This collection includes census records, catalogs and indexes housed at the Historical Provincial Archive of Córdoba, Argentina. The census records cover various localities in the province of Córdoba as well as the capital city. The indexes and catalogs include several records such as notarial, criminal and government records from the province of Córdoba and some surrounding provinces. The original records mentioned in these indexes and catalogs are not available as part of this collection, but the information included in them may be used to request copies from the Archive.
For a list of the documents currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
Census records may include:
- Full name
- Place of birth
- Family relationships
Probate records may include:
- Date and place of birth
- Names of members of the family
- Witnesses’ names
How to Use the Record
As you are searching it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor’s given name and surname, some identifying information such as residence and age, and family relationships. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
- The information in church records is usually reliable, but depends upon the reliability of the informant.
- Earlier records may not contain as much information as the records created after the late 1800.
- There is also some variation in the information given from one record to another.
To browse this collection by image:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the “Registros originales o derivados” category
⇒ Select the “Tipo de registro y años” that takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
Using the Information
- Use the marriage date and place as the basis for compiling a new family group or for verifying existing information.
- Use the birth date or age along with the place of birth of each partner to find a couple's birth records and parents' names.
- Use the birth date or age along with the place of birth to find the family in census records.
- Use the residence and names of the parents to locate church and land records.
- Occupations listed can lead you to other types of records such as employment or military records.
- Use the parents' birth places to find former residences and to establish a migration pattern for the family.
- The name of the officiator is a clue to their religion or area of residence in the county. However, ministers may have reported marriages performed in other counties.
- Compile the marriage entries for every person who has the same surname as the bride or groom; this is especially helpful in rural areas or if the surname is unusual.
- Continue to search the marriage records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives of the bride and groom who may have married in the same county or nearby. This can help you identify other generations of your family or even the second marriage of a parent. Repeat this process for each new generation you identify.
- Use the marriage number to identify previous marriages.
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
Unable to Locate Ancestors
If you are unable to find the ancestors you are looking for, try the following:
- Check for variant spellings of the surnames.
- Search the records of nearby localities.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
|FHL Place Argentina, Cordoba items or FHL Keyword Argentina, Cordoba items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Argentina Archives and Libraries.|
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Citations for individual image records are available for this collection. Browse through images in this collection and click on the "Show Citation" box: https://familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https://familysearch.org/records/collection/2094247/waypoints Argentina, Córdoba, Miscellaneous Records, 1574-1925]
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
Citation for This Collection
|The citation for an image is available on each image in this collection by clicking Show Citation at the bottom left of the image screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Argentina, Córdoba, Misce...aneous Records, 1574-1925.|
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- “Argentina, Córdoba, Miscellaneous Records, 1574-1925”. Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Archivo Histórico de la Provincia de Córdoba, Argentina.
- This page was last modified on 24 June 2014, at 15:22.
- This page has been accessed 2,488 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki