Arkansas Probate RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Arkansas Probate Records, 1817-1879 at FamilySearch (Free, bowseable images)
- Click on the county of interest to browse images of records. Includes wills, administrations, guardianship, and more.
HistoryProbate records of Arkansas have been kept by the probate or county courts. The records include case papers settlements.
You can obtain copies of the original records by contacting the clerk's office in the appropriate county courthouse.
A statewide index to Arkansas wills is available:
- Stevenson, Mrs. James H. and Mrs. Edward L. Westbrooke. Index to Wills and Administrations of Arkansas from the Earliest to 1900. Jonesboro, Ark.: Vowels Printing Company, 1986. FHL Book 976.7 P22st, Fiche 6050936.
The Family History Library has microfilm copies of many Arkansas probate records.
- Arkansas Probate Records (information only) by Genealogy Inc.
- This page was last modified on 2 December 2014, at 22:07.
- This page has been accessed 8,180 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page