Ashburn Virginia Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- 21015 Claiborne Pkwy Ashburn VA 20147 United States
- Tuesday:9:30am-12:00pm and 7:00pm-9:30pm
- 2nd and 4th Saturday:9:30am-12:00pm
Independence Day 3rd-5th July: Thanksgiving Weekend 26th-29th November: Christmas Break New Years Day December 22nd-2nd January 2015: In case of inclement weather follow Loudoun County School guidelines:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Books: We have a small collection of genealogy reference books including The Source, Redbook, Handybook for Genealogists, Map Guide to the US Federal Censuses 1790-1920, language dictionaries, and atlases.
- Extended Film: We have several hundred assorted films for all states and many countries.
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- 9 computer workstations with internet and printer access
- 4 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
- 1 flatbed scanner
- 1 digital microfiche/film reader/scanner able to save to CD or flashdrive
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Thomas Balch Library 208 West Market Street, Leesburg, VA 20176, 703-737-7195
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.) <fck:hr>
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 21 October 2014, at 16:36.
- This page has been accessed 2,929 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More