Ashby, SuffolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Ashby, Suffolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Hundred||Mutford and Lothingland|
|Poor Law Union||Mutford and Lothingland PLU|
|Parish registers: 1553|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Suffolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Suffolk Record Office|
Ashby, is a parish in Mutford district, Suffolk; it is near the river Waveney 2½ miles N of Somerleyton railway station, and 5½ miles NW of Lowestoft. 
If you live in Suffolk you will have access to a variety of resources at local archives and libraries. For those who live further afield, one can access microfilm and online records at LDS Family History Centres. Refer to Ashby and Suffolk in the FamilySearch Catalogue for available records.
Ashby, Suffolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|Ashby, Suffolk Online Parish Records|
There are census records available for Ashby from 1841 to 1911. Census records are available on a variety of subscription and other websites. If you need to consult the 1841 to 1891 census on microfilm, refer to Ashby Censusin the catalogue.
There is statistical data available for the census years 1801 to 1931 that records the number of houses, families, people, and other statistical data for every parish in Suffolk.
Refer to the Suffolk Census wiki article for details about the Census.
Poor Law Unions
- For more information on the history of the workhouse, see Peter Higginbotham's web site: www.workhouses.org.uk and http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?Mutford/Mutford.shtml
- ↑ John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72). Date accessed: 16 September 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Marriage Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Suffolk "Early" Burial Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 3 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 3 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records,' TheGenealogist, accessed 26 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 06:31.
- This page has been accessed 1,666 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More