Ashchurch, GloucestershireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Tewkesbury PLU|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1606|
|Diocese||Pre 1836 - Gloucester; Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Gloucestershire Record Office|
ASHCHURCH (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union, and Lower division of the hundred, of Tewkesbury, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 2¼miles (E. N. E.) from Tewkesbury; containing the tythings of Aston-upon-Carron, Fiddington with Natton, Northway with Newton, and Pamington. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Ashchurch, Gloucestershire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = FindMyPast.co.uk (£)|
|FREG = FreeReg.org.uk|
|JOIN = Joiner's Marriage Index - (£)|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|ASHCHURCH PARISH Online Records|
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformists and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288778.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Gloucestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 81-85. Date accessed: 09 April 2013.
- ↑ 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 1 December 2012.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire Coverage,' Joiner's Marriage Index, accessed 29 January 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 19 April 2014, at 18:47.
- This page has been accessed 1,119 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback