Association of Professional GenealogistsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Association of Professional Genealogists|
|Executive Director||Kathleen Hinckley|
Membership is open to any person or institution willing to support the organization's objectives and code of ethics. Members include family historians, professional researchers, librarians, archivists, writers, editors, consultants, indexers, instructors, lecturers, columnists, booksellers, publishers, computer specialists, and geneticists.
The goals of the organization are:
- To promote international awareness of, and interest in, professional genealogical services
- To promote professional standards in genealogical research, writing, and speaking
- To engage in activities that improve access to, facilitate research on, and preserve records used in the fields of genealogy and local history
- To promote awareness of activities or laws that may affect genealogical and historical research
- To educate the membership and public through publications and lectures
- To provide support for those engaged in genealogical pursuits as a business
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 02:30.
- This page has been accessed 1,207 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News