Aston Clinton, BuckinghamshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Aston Clinton, Buckinghamshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Aston Clinton, Buckinghamshire|
|Poor Law Union||Aylesbury PLU|
|Parish registers: 1560|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1575|
|Diocese||Pre-1845 - Lincoln; Post-1844 - Oxford|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham|
|Location of Archive|
|Buckinghamshire Record Office|
ASTON-CLINTON (St. Michael), a parish, in the union and hundred of Aylesbury, county of Buckingham, 2¾ miles (W. by N.) from Tring, on the London road. There is a place of worship for Baptists.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Aston Clinton, Buckinghamshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|Aston Clinton, Buckinghamshire Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241211.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Buckinghamshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Aston Clinton on GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848). Date accessed 21 May 2013. Adapted.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Buckinghamshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 28 January 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Buckingham, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 4 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Buckinghamshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 27 January 2014.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- This page was last modified on 16 June 2014, at 21:06.
- This page has been accessed 1,013 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki