Astwick, Bedfordshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Astwick, Bedfordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.interactive map and websites
|Poor Law Union||Biggleswade PLU|
|Parish registers: 1564|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1602|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Lincoln; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford|
|Location of Archive|
|Bedfordshire Record Office|
Astwick, is a parish in Biggleswade district, Bedfordshire; it is on the river Ivel, 2½ miles ENE of Arlesey railway station, and 4 miles N W of Baldock. 
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241190.
Astwick, Bedfordshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Astwick, Bedfordshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
|IGI||1602-1866||1612-1804, 1816-1836, 1839-1885|
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Bedfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
ASTWICK (St. Guthlake), a parish, in the union and hundred of Biggleswade, county of Bedford, 3¾ miles (N. W. by N.) from Baldock. 
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Astwick on GENUKI
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) Date accessed: 24th October 2013
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 10 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Bedfordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 April 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Bedfordshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 April 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Bedfordshire Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 17 April 2014.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 108-112. Date accessed: 05 June 2013.
- This page was last modified on 30 April 2015, at 13:04.
- This page has been accessed 3,547 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News