Athens Ohio Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Athens Family History Center serves the Athens, Hocking, Jackson, Meigs, Pike, Perry, Vinton County areas and provides access to online and microfilm resources.
Center Contacts and Hours
- List other languages guest will get help with when they come to the FHC center.
- 7795 Lemaster Rd The Plains, OH 45780 United States
- (Include information about your center that would be helpful for first time visitors such as which entrance in the building to use, parking, etc. Use as many or as few bullet points as needed.)
- Please include if there is a handicapped accessible entrance.
- Jenny D Hartzog - 1 740 590 7009
- Tuesday:7:00pm-8:30pm and by appointment.
We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness: Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours.
The center will be closed Dec 23rd and 30th for the holiday weeks.
Calendar and Events
Starting January 2015 the hours will move to Wednesdays 7-8:30.
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers, microfilm readers, microfich, printer, scanner
Staff Research Specialties
Searching online public records
Organizing and helping set up online family tree accounts
Resources in the Local Area
The Athens County Historical Society
Volunteer at the Center
Volunteers are welcome!
- This page was last modified on 1 April 2015, at 03:55.
- This page has been accessed 1,833 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More